Who doesn’t love a good road trip? You don’t have to go too far from Omaha to have a fun getaway. I’ve collected some of my favorite Midwest destinations for this post to give you a variety of options near and far. All road trips from Omaha on this list are within a day’s drive, and most are much closer than that. Happy travels!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. All thoughts, opinions and typos are my own.
UPDATE: This post was published in 2020, and has been updated in January 2024 with more destinations.
Related post: Winter day trips from Omaha
Find more inspiration for road trips
I love a good bucket list for planning a trip. They always include a mix of adventure and indulgence. This lineup of Midwest bucket lists is no exception:
- Nebraska Bucket List
- Iowa Bucket List
- Missouri Bucket List
- South Dakota Bucket List
- Kansas Bucket List
Like what you read? Help support my site!
I’m proud to be a one-woman business sharing all the best things to see, do, and eat in Omaha. While I have freelance writers help from time to time, it’s mostly just me.
If you would like to support my site, please consider:
- When visiting a local business featured on my site, tell them you found them on Oh My! Omaha.
- Support me on Patreon.
- Share this article on social media to help spread the word.
- Join my newsletter to never miss a new story.
- Book a hotel or read another story at the links below.
Book a stay in Omaha
Want to stay at one of my favorite hotels in Omaha? Check out the following:
- Embassy Suites Omaha (Downtown/Old Market) – Within walking distance to Old Market, Capital District, and the RiverFront, and the best hotel near the zoo
- Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel – In the hip Blackstone District, great outdoor pool and brunch
- Cambria Hotel Omaha Downtown – Great view of Schwab Park, usually a lower rate than other comparable downtown hotels
Looking for condos or home rentals instead? Check out the variety VRBO!