The Easter Bunny season in Omaha is spread out over the course of three or so weekends in 2023. There are Easter Egg Hunts scattered around Omaha, as well as Easter story times and activities at various venues. Read on to find a fun Easter event near you, and if you’re more interested in good food, see where you can make a reservation for Easter Brunch.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
2023 Easter Egg Hunts all around the city
Below are area Easter Egg Hunts and festivities planned for 2023. It’s always a good idea to bring a basket for these. Want your Easter Egg Hunt listed? Email me at Kim (at) ohmyomaha (dot) com!
- Easter Egg-stravaganza is March 25 at 10 a.m. at Urban Abbey, 1026 Jackson St., Omaha. FREE
- Ponca Tribe of Nebraska youth ages 0-12, living in the District 2 Service Delivery Area, are invited to participate in an Easter Egg Hunt at the Ralston Transit Building, 5701 S. 85th Circle, Ralston, on March 25 at 9 a.m. After the Easter Egg Hunt, Easter baskets will be distributed at the Ralston Administration building. FREE
- The 2023 Meadows Annual Egg Hunt is March 26 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Meadows Community Center, 13937 Meadow Ridge Road, Omaha. Meet the Easter Bunny. Hunt times are: 1:15 p.m. for ages 3 and younger; 1:45 p.m. for ages 4 to 6; and 2:15 p.m. for ages 7 to 10. FREE
- Easter Eggstravaganza is March 26 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Faith Journey Church Omaha, 2920 N. 118th St., Suite 104, Omaha. Easter egg hunt, games, crafts, sugar rush room, and photo booth. Pre-registration encouraged. FREE
- American Legion Post No. 1 Kid’s Easter Party is on April 1 from 9 to noon at 7811 Davenport St., Omaha. Includes breakfast from 9 to 10 a.m. and meeting the Easter Bunny. Easter Egg Hunt starts at 11 a.m. FREE
- Divine Shepherd Lutheran Church Easter Egg Hunt is on April 1 at 10 a.m. at 15005 Q St., Omaha. All ages welcome. FREE
- Oakmont Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt is on April 1 from 10 a.m. to noon near the park in Elkhorn. Refreshments and donuts are at 10 a.m.; Egg Hunt begins at 10:30 a.m.; and then meet the Easter Bunny after.
- Spring Celebration & Egg Hunt is at the Gifford Farm Education Center, 700 Camp Gifford Road, Bellevue, on April 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost is $5 per person; kids under 1 who are not egg hunting are free. Cash or check only. Must register to do the Egg Hunt.
- Waypoint Church will host an Easter Egg Hunt at Harrison Elementary School, 5304 Hamilton St., Omaha, on April 1 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. FREE
- Benson Sons Annual Easter Egg Hunt 2023 is April 1 from 11 a.m. to noon at VFW Post No. 2503, 8904 Military Road, Omaha. There will be age-based hunts. FREE (free-will donation accepted).
- Springfield Masonic Lodge hosts an Easter Egg Hunt at Springfield Buffalo Park, 271 South 6th St., Springfield, Neb. on April 1 at 11 a.m.
- Benson Community Easter Egg Hunt is April 1 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Gallagher Park, 2936 N. 52nd St., Omaha. There will be three age groups for the egg hunts up to age 11. FREE
- Family Fun Fair is April 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Conestoga Elementary School, 2115 Bernadette St., Omaha. Fair is presented by Bridge Church and Conestoga Elementary. FREE
- Maurices at Village Pointe Shopping Center, 170304 Davenport St., suite 106, will have an Easter egg hunt on April 2 from noon to 2 p.m. to celebrate a new apparel collection for girls. Prizes and discounts. FREE
- Crossroads Church’s Community Egg Hunt is April 1 starting at 1 p.m. at Roberts Park, 1048 N. 25th St., Council Bluffs, Iowa. There will also be face painting.
- There’s an Easter Egg Hunt at Halleck Park, 600 E. Halleck St., Papillion, Neb., on April 1 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Omaha’s Best Easter Egg Hunt is April 1 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Westside Community Conference Center, 3534 S. 108th St., Omaha. Hunt times: 1:30 p.m. for toddlers and kindergarteners; 2 p.m. for first through third graders; and 2:30 p.m. for fourth through sixth graders. Easter Bunny will be there. For ages 12 and under. FREE but registration required.
- The Eighth Annual Easter Egg Hunt hosted by Champions Real Estate Team with BHHS Ambassador Real Estate is on April 1 at 1 p.m. at Walnut Grove Park’s main pavilion at 152nd and Q streets, Omaha. Easter Egg Hunt starts at 1:15 p.m. in two hunting areas: A toddlers’ field (ages 0-5) and a big kids’ hunting area (ages 6+). Activities for the whole family and the Easter Bunny will be there. FREE
- CMG Home Loans Easter Egg Hunt is April 1 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Zorinsky Lake Park, 3808 S. 156th St., Omaha. Egg hunts will be at 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. FREE
- Sakoon’s Easter Egg Hunt Extravaganza is on April 2 from 9 a.m. to noon at Sakoon The Spa, 1529 S. 203rd St., Omaha. There will be local vendors, easter egg fun for all ages and spa discount prizes for the adults. Easter Egg Hunt on the lawn starts at 10 a.m. for ages 3 and under; 10:20 a.m. for ages 4 through 6; 10:40 a.m. for ages 7 and over; and 11 a.m. to adults only. Photos with the Easter Bunny are from 11:20 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Kids Easter Lunch at Stony Brook Market Grille is April 2 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Stony Brook Hy-Vee, 14591 Stony Brook Blvd., Omaha. Includes lunch with the Easter Bunny from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and an Easter Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. Other Hy-Vee locations will also have Easter lunches, including Lunch with the Eater Bunny at Wahlburgers, 9707 Q St., Omaha, on April 2 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. as well.
- Enjoy an Easter Egg Hunt in Bellevue on April 2 at 2 p.m. at Washington Park, 20th Street and Franklin Avenue, Bellevue, Neb.
- The Easter Egg Hunt at Third Base Bar & Grill, 800 N. Eighth St., Council Bluffs, is April 2 at 2 p.m. Hunt is for ages 10 and younger.
- Women of St. Patrick’s Parish will host the Annual Easter Egg Hunt on April 2 from 3 to 4 p.m. on the soccer fields at 20500 West Maple Road, Elkhorn, for children and grandchildren of the members. Candy donations appreciated.
- Maple Street YMCA Family Fitness Egg Hunt is April 4 at 7502 Maple St. Hunt for eggs throughout the facility from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The hunt will be followed by an Easter-themed family fitness class from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the gym. Cost is free for members, and non-members can do it since it’s included with the drop-in fee.
- Mizpah Lodge No. 302 and Morton Meadows Neighborhood Association host an Easter Egg Hunt on April 8 at 10 a.m. at the Boulevard located at Twin Ridge Boulevard and Woolworth Avenue. FREE
- There’s an Easter Egg Hunt in Gretna on April 8 at 10 a.m. at North Park.
- Lord of Love Community Easter Egg Hunt is April 8 at 10 a.m. at 10405 Fort St., Omaha. Kids ages pre-K to fifth grade are invited. FREE
- Easter Egg Dive is at the Southwest YMCA, 13010 Atwood Ave., Omaha, on April 8 at 10 a.m. Cost is free for members, and non-members can do it since it’s included with the drop-in fee.
- St. Luke Kids Easter Egg Hunt is April 8 at 10 a.m. at the St. Luke United Methodist Church Front Lawn, 11810 Burke St., Omaha. Snacks, crafts and photos with the Easter Bunny. FREE
- Eggstravaganza indoor Easter egg hunt is April 8 from 10 a.m. to noon at StoneBridge – Benson Campus, 2703 N. 61st St. Games, crafts, inflatables, giveaways. FREE
- There’s an Easter Egg Hunt and food drive at La Vista Sports Complex, 7346 S. 66th St., La Vista, Neb., on April 8 at 10:30 a.m.
- The Bellevue Police Department hosts an Easter Egg Hunt on April 8 at 10:30 a.m. at Bellevue American Heroes Park off of Mission Avenue on Jerry Ryan Plaza on the Missouri River.
- Maplewood United Methodist Church, 3535 Maplewood Blvd., will host an Easter egg hunt for the local community on April 8 at 11 a.m. It is a free event and will include games, activities, and refreshments.
- Piedmont Wycliffe Neighborhood Association’s 2023 Easter Egg Hunt is April 8 at 11 a.m. at Cottonwood Park, 728 S. 154th St., Omaha.
- Trucks and Taps, 5402 S. 108th St., will have an All-Day Easter Egg Hunt on April 8 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Find an egg and bring up to the bar to claim your prize. Limit one egg per kid.
- FilAm Metro Omaha Annual Easter Picnic/Potluck is April 8 from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Elk’s Lodge, 6410 S. 96th St., Omaha. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt. Sign up to bring a dish.
- The Sixth Annual Aspen Creek Easter Egg Hunt for Aspen Creek, Aspen Creek North, and Bridgeport will be held at Aspen Creek Elementary School, 10325 S. 188th St., Omaha, on April 8 starting at 1 p.m. The Easter Bunny will be making an appearance and The Beanery and Cookie Co. will be available for purchase. Please provide 12 pre-filled eggs per child and labeled with child’s age to: 10618 S. 188th St. or 18823 Riviera Drive. FREE
- The Helicopter Egg Drop at Meadows Church, 12550 S. 114th St., Papillion, is April 8 from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Includes free snow cones and inflatables. FREE
- The 13th Annual Easter Extravaganza is April 8 from 2 to 5 p.m. at Maple 88 Mexican Kitchen, 2822 N. 88th St. Free slushies, cotton candy, pictures with the Easter Bunny and candy bags (while supplies last). FREE
- Kid Life Easter at Stony Brook Church, 14345 Y St., Omaha, is April 9 from 9 to 10 a.m. and 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Worship, games, and an Egg Hunt through dinosaur town.
- First United Methodist Church-Omaha, 7020 Cass St., will have an Easter Egg Hunt between services on April 9 from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. on the front lawn. FREE
Related post: Stuff those Easter baskets with Nebraska-made candy! Here’s a look at Bakers Candies in Greenwood, Nebraska.
Unique ways to celebrate featuring the Easter Bunny
Meet the Easter Bunny and enjoy spring and Easter-themed activities at these Omaha area events.
- Pictures with the Easter Bunny at Westroads Mall, 10000 California St., are available from March 24 through April 8. Walk-ups welcomed, but reservations are encouraged. There is a fee.
- Get a free Easter Bunny picture at Bass Pro Shops, 2901 Bass Pro Drive, Council Bluffs, and Cabela’s, 12703 Westport Parkway, La Vista, from April 1-9. Reservations open on March 25.
- Selfies with the Easter Bunny at Omaha Dog Bar, 1231 S. 13th St., Omaha, will be held on April 1 & 2 from 2 to 5 p.m. Dog-focused and for ages 21+.
- Breakfast with the Bunny is April 1 and 8 from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the Children’s Adventure Trails at Omaha’s Zoo. Tickets for members are $25 for kids and $20 for adults; for non-members, they are $30 and $25 respectively. Includes an egg hunt, breakfast and bunny meet & greet.
- Easter Extravaganza is April 1-10 at Lauritzen Gardens, First and Bancroft streets, Omaha. See if you can find all 14 of his missing eggs by matching colors and patterns as you explore the spring garden. Plus, enjoy fun family-friendly activities and a host of spring blooms. Included with admission.
- The Roaming Easter Bunny will be at Village Pointe Shopping Center, 17305 Davenport St., Omaha, handing out eggs and taking photos on April 2 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Family Fun Sunday: Easter Edition is on April 2 from 2 to 4 p.m. at Time On My Hands, 7020 Maple St., Omaha. Decorate an Easter Egg, take pictures with an Easter bunny, face painting, and balloon artist. Cost is $10 per 4 individuals, paid at the door.
- Toddler Tuesday: Easter Party with Miss Tina is April 4 at 10:30 a.m. at Fat Brain Toys, 16909 Burke St., Suite 131. Miss Tina will be here to read stories about Easter and springtime. Plus, we’ll have a fun Easter-themed craft activity for kids to make and take home. FREE
- EGG-stravagant Family Fun Weekend is April 6-8 during museum hours at Omaha Children’s Museum, 500 S. 20th St., Omaha. Photos with the Easter Bunny and more themed activities. Included with museum admission.
2023 Easter brunches in Omaha
It’s an Easter tradition: Enjoying a grand Easter brunch or Easter brunch buffet in Omaha. Here are some of the best Easter brunch options this year:
- Easter Brunch Buffet in the Orleans Room of the Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel, 302 S. 26th St., is April 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. On the menu: prime rib, seafood raw bar, sparkling wine wall and more. Prices start at $35.
- Easter Brunch at Charlie’s on the Lake, 4150 S. 144th St., is April 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Easter Bunny photos will be taken. Cost is $38.95 for adults, $14.95 for kids ages 6-12, and free for kids ages 5 and under. Soft drinks and one mimosa included. Reservations are encouraged; call (402) 894-9411.
- Easter Brunch will be an all-you-can-eat buffet at Mouth of the South in the Old Market, 1111 Harney St., on April 9 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., and will include a carving station, omelet station and live blues music. Cost is $30 for adults; $15 for kids 12 and under; and free for kids 5 and under (one per paying adult). Make reservations by phone at (402) 502-4545.
- Easter Brunch Buffet at Lauritzen Gardens, First and Bancroft streets, Omaha, is April 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Brunch is $32 per person; children ages6 to 12 are $15; children ages 3 to 5 are $10, and children ages 2 and under are free.
- Easter Brunch at Gorat’s Steakhouse, 4917 Center St., (a real old-school steakhouses) is April 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and will include a prime rib carving station, omelet station, billionaire deviled eggs, and a ton more. Cost is $30 a person; kids 10 and under $15; and kids 3 and under eat free. Call to make reservations: (402) 551-3733.
- Easter Brunch at Omaha Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse, 305 N. 170th St., Omaha, will be on April 9 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call (402) 289-9210 for reservations.
- Barrel and Vine, 1311 S. 203rd St., will have Easter Sunday Brunch on April 9 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bottomless mimosas are $15. And FYI: Kids eat free every Sunday from 5 to 9 p.m. with the purchase of an adult entree. Reservations
- Easter Brunch at Texas de Brazil, 1110 Capitol Ave., is on April 9 starting at 11 a.m. Reservations recommended.
- J. Gilbert’s Easter Pre Fixe Menu will be offered on April 9 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Cost is $59 per person. Regular menu will also be available. J. Gilbert is at 1010 Capitol Ave.
- Johnny’s Cafe, 4702 S. 27th St., will be open on Easter Sunday, April 9, from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. featuring a special holiday menu. Reservations are suggested.
- It’s not quite brunch, but Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, 17415 Chicago St., is offering take-out feasts for Easter, with either prime rib or baked ham. They even have mimosa kits. Must be ordered by April 1.
If you have any brunches to add to this list, please email me at Kim (at) ohmyomaha (dot) com!