After years of adding Halloween events to my monthly events roundups, it’s time to just give Halloween its own post. Here’s a list of events celebrating Halloween in Omaha including Halloween movies, trunk or treats and free activities involving all-things-pumpkin. The season has started earlier and earlier each year, and in 2022, I have added Halloween events that are in September.
NOTE: This post was first published in 2018 and is now updated in September with 2022 Halloween events. Many more will be added as dates become known. If you know of an event to add, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Every October in Omaha: Halloween and fall annual events
I’ve got a few family traditions for Halloween. Top on that list is “Go to the pumpkin patch.” If you don’t have any traditions, here are a few things to do in Omaha this time of year.
- Visit a pumpkin patch. Here’s a list of more than 15 pumpkin patches near Omaha.
- Visit a haunted house. There are 10 haunted houses near Omaha.
- Visited a haunted park, business, or urban legend of Omaha.
- Navigate a corn maze.
- Camp at a Nebraska State Park during a Halloween-themed event.
- Drive around and see all the Omaha homes with awesome Halloween decorations.
2022 Halloween Events & Trunk or Treats in Omaha (and nearby)
Events can change after this is published, so it’s best to check with the venue ahead of time before planning on attending any event. Originally, this list was going to have only October events, but the Halloween season now extends into September apparently.
Events running through the end of October
- Jack O’Lantern World runs through Oct. 30 at Mahoney State Park, 28500 W. Park Highway, Ashland, Neb. Cost is $20-$24 for adults and $14-$16 for kids (ages 3-12). Tickets must be purchased in advance for day and time.
- The Wizarding World of Over Easy brunch runs daily from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. through Oct. 31 at Over Easy, 16859 Q St. Includes a kid’s menu, and magic potion drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic0.
- Cobweb Castle is open at Omaha Children’s Museum, 500 S. 20th St., from Oct. 1-30. Included with regular admission, which is $14 for kids and adults, $13 for seniors, and FREE for kids under 24 months and Member Families.
- Film Stream’s Forever Young series will screen “Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride” on Saturday and Sunday at 10 a.m. at the Dundee location, 4952 Dodge St., through Oct. 16. “Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Wererabbit” runs Oct. 22-30 on Saturdays and Sundays at 10 a.m. Admission is $5 each.
- “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” runs Oct. 6-31 at Bluebarn Theatre, 1106 S. 10th St. General Admission tickets are $37; Military, Educator, and Healthcare Worker tickets are $32; and FREE for TruBLU Members.
- Free Friday Movie Nights at Ditmars Orchard & Vineyard, 19475 225th St, Council Bluffs, Iowa, includes Halloween movies starting at dusk. “ET” (Oct. 14), “Beetlejuice” (Oct. 21), and “Ghostbusters” (Oct. 28). FREE
- Ghouls and Glow, Oct. 14-16, and Oct. 21-30. Times are Sunday through Thursdays from 6 to 9 p.m., and Fridays and Saturdays from 6 to 10 p.m. Ticket prices vary based on date of attendance and for Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium members. If purchased onsite at the zoo, prices increase. Online ticket purchases are encouraged.
- Friday Night movies and events at Edge of the Universe, 6070 N. Maple St., have a spooky theme in October (movie starts at 7 p.m.). Movies include “Clue” (Oct. 14), “Rocky Horror Picture Show” (Oct. 21), and “Beetlejuice” (Oct. 28). Other fall events include: Spooky Cookie Decorating Class on Oct. 9; Tuesday Night Trivia – Stranger Things on Oct. 18, Tuesday Night Trivia – Halloween Horror on Oct. 25. FREE
- Camp Kitaki Halloween Camp, Oct. 14-15, Oct. 15-16, Oct. 21-22, Oct. 22-23, and Oct. 23-24 from 5:30 p.m. check-in to 1 p.m. check-out at YMCA Camp Kitaki in 14917 E. Park Highway, Louisville, Neb. Halloween-themed games and activities, plus an evening Halloween costume dance party. Includes meals and overnight in cabins. Cost is $80 for ages 7-14.
- Trick-or-Treat Days, Oct. 15, 22 & 29 at Omaha Children’s Museum, 500 S. 20th St. Included with regular admission, which is $14 for kids and adults, $13 for seniors, and FREE for kids under 24 months and Member Families.
- Spooktober Movie Mondays at Kinkaider Brewing Co., 2279 S. 67th St., start at 9 p.m. and run through Oct. 31, and include “Hocus Pocus” (Oct. 17), “The Addams Family” (Oct. 24), and “The Nightmare Before Christmas” (Oct. 31). FREE
- 40th Street Theatre Ghost Tours are Oct. 15, 19, 26, 27 and 31 from 7 to 10 p.m. starting at 40th Street Theatre, 4006 Hamilton St. Explore three buildings that are well over 100 years old. Tickets will include a beverage and popcorn. S’mores will be available to prepare at our courtyard fire pit. Tickets start at $20.
- “The Rocky Horror Show” presented by Rave On Productions through Oct. 29 at The Slowdown, 729 N. 14th St. Performances are Fridays at 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 7:30 and 11 p.m. Tickets are $35, General Admission; $40, Pit & Balcony (Seated); and $50, Pitside (Seated).
October 24-31 events
- The Great HALL-oween Haunt, is Oct. 25 from 5 to 8 p.m. at The Durham Museum, 801 S. 10th St. Included with museum admission but purchasing advanced tickets is recommended. Spooky Tales For Tots is Oct. 26 at 10:30 a.m. (included with admission). Hallo-Weekend is all day Oct. 29 and 30, and kids in costume (ages 12 and under) are admitted FREE.
- Falconwood Park is showing outdoor Fall Frights movies through Oct. 31. Movies include “Get Out” & “Nope” (Oct. 27), “Little Shop of Horrors” & “Rocky Horror Picture Show” (Oct. 28), “Hocus Pocus” & “Blair Witch Project” (Oct. 30), and “Halloween” & “Scream” (Oct. 31). FREE
- Halloween Movie Night is Oct. 27 starting at 5:15 p.m. at Highlander Accelerator, 2112 N. 30th St. Includes trick-or-treating and outdoor screening of “Coraline” starts at 6:30 p.m. FREE
- Westview YMCA Trunk or Treat is Oct. 27 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Westview High School, 15800 Summit Plaza, Bennington, Neb. FREE
- Fleet Feet and Sonny’s presents Mile & Magic on Oct. 27 at 6 p.m. at Aksarben Village, 1905 S. 67h St. Event is a 1-mile fun run followed by a light stretch with Power Life Yoga, snacks and goodies and an outdoor screening of “Hocus Pocus” at Sonny’s, as well as a costume contest. FREE
- HalloWeeRead for toddlers and preschooler is Oct. 27 from 6 to 7 p.m. at Gretna United Methodist Church, 11457 S. 204th St., Gretna, Neb. There will be games and prizes, and a special storytime at 6:30. Costumes encouraged but not required. FREE
- “Bram Stroker’s Dracula 30th Anniversary” will be screened at participating Marcus Theatres on Oct. 27 starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $13 plus tax.
- Horror Movie Trivia is Oct. 27 from 8 to 10 p.m. at Red Lion Lounge, 3802 Farnam St. FREE
- Trick-or-Treat at at Hoff Family Arts & Culture Center, 1001 S. Sixth St., Council Bluffs, Iowa, on Oct. 28 from 4:30 to 6 p.m., as well as Pumpkin Chainsaw Carving from 5 to 6 p.m. and Costume Contest from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Barnyard Boo is Oct. 28 from 5 to 9 p.m. at Nelson Produce Farm, 10505 N. 234th St., Valley, Neb. Costume contest (divided into age groups), trick-or-treating around the farm, and pizzeria will be open. Admission is $8.99 per person.
- Sarpy County YMCA Trunk or Treat is Oct. 28 starting at 6 p.m. at 1111 E. First St., Papillion, Neb. FREE, but registration is encouraged.
- Trunk or Treat at Christ Community Church, 404 S. 108th Ave., on Oct. 28 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. FREE
- Trunk or Treat at Priority Family Services at 2612 Bryan Ave., Bellevue, Neb., on Oct. 28 from 6 to 8 p.m. FREE
- Russell Speeder’s Tunnell of Terror carwash is Oct. 28 and 29 from 7 to 10 p.m. at 11818 W. Dodge Road. Experiential haunted car wash and a trick-or-treat bag to take home. Included with price of regular car wash.
- Trick or Treat at Hy-Vee at 3410 N. 156th St. and 17810 Welch Plaza on Oct. 29 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. There will also be cookie decorating and mini pumpkin painting. FREE
- Halloween Spooktacular at NFM, 700 S. 72nd St. is Oct. 29 from 10 to 3 p.m. FREE
- Trunk or Treat at Farnam Hill is Oct. 29 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Zen Coffee Co., 2504 Farnam St. There will be face paining, bounce houses, and games. FREE
- Hocus Pocus Day is Oct. 29 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Edge of the Universe, 6070 N. Maple St. Witchy Treats all day and screenings of the movie (11 a.m. for kids and 7 p.m. for older witches). FREE (drinks and food for purchase).
- Scales and Tails, Oct. 29 from 1 to 2 p.m. at Fontenelle Forest, 1111 Bellevue Blvd. N, Bellevue, Neb. The family program will include slime-making, decorating spooky cookies, and other exciting activities. Cost is $10 for members; $20 for non-members. Registration recommended.
- Trick-or-Treat at Rockbrook Village, 108th and Center, on Oct. 29 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Chase from “Paw Patrol” will be at the plaza from 2 to 2:45 p.m. and Woody from “Toy Story” from 2:45 3:30 p.m. FREE
- Fifth Annual Halloween Bar Crawl (21+) is Oct. 29, with check-in from 4 to 6 p.m. at Dubliner Pub, 1205 Harney St. Single tickets start a $15.
- Halloween Meet & Treat at Omaha Police Department Southeast Precinct, 25th and Vinton streets, is Oct. 29 from 4 to 7 p.m. FREE
- Junk in the Trunk Family Fun Day is Oct. 30 from 10 a.m. to noon at Schenzel Community Center, 2220 N. 20th St. Best costume will win a prize; family costumes are also encouraged. Event is indoors and outdoors. FREE
- Halloween Bash is Oct. 30 from noon to 5 p.m. at Mexican Snacks with Christian, 1920 S. 44th St. Candy will be handed out, giveaways, music and 15+ small businesses selling products.
- Trick or Treat at Edge of the Universe, 6070 N. Maple St., all day on Oct. 30. FREE
- Ghoulish Garden Adventure at Lauritzen Gardens, First and Bancroft streets, is Oct. 30 from noon to 4 p.m. Activity stations and trick or treating in the gardens. Included with admission.
- Dog Days of Fall Costume Contest is Oct. 30 at Ditmars Orchard & Vineyard, 19475 225th St., Council Bluffs, Iowa. Dog registration from noon to 1 p.m.; parade at 1:15. $10 per dog. All proceeds go to the Nebraska Humane Society
- The Annual Halloween Hoopla is Oct. 30 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Shadow Lake Towne Center, 72nd Street and Highway 370, Papillion, Neb. Girls Scouts will sell hot cocoa and characters will hand out candy. FREE
- An Indoor Trunk-or-Treat is Oct. 30 from 2 to 4 p.m. at Emanuel Lutheran Church, 2444 N. Broadway, Council Bluffs, Iowa. FREE
- Trunk or Treat at St. Patrick’s Parish, 20500 West Maple St., Elkhorn, Neb., on Oct. 30 from 2 to 4 p.m. FREE
- Trunk N Treat on Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 4117 Terrace Drive. FREE
- The Halloween Party (21+) at The Maxx, 1417 Jackson St., is Oct. 31 starting at 8 p.m.
Keep this list updated! Know of any Halloween events in the Omaha Metro area happening in 2022 that aren’t on this list? Leave a comment with the details or email Kim (at) ohmyomaha (dot) com.
Want more things to do near Omaha this October?
I share more events in the Facebook Group “Things To Do In Omaha & Beyond” – many things that are announced on short notice. Join the group to see what’s coming up!
Wednesday 19th of October 2022
Boo Bash Oak View Mall Friday 10/21 5-7pm
Margie M Guy
Saturday 20th of October 2018
This event isn't listed. Trick or treat olde towne bellevue on 10/28/18 from 4-630 free event. 3rd year fun safe family fun for everyone
Saturday 20th of October 2018
Thanks! I hadn't heard of that particular trick or treat event. Next year, let me know early so I can add it to the list from the start.
Wednesday 26th of September 2018
you should add a section that includes the animals, dogs and cats are part of families also and we need to promote those events as well would love to see you add some animal events please and thank you
Wednesday 26th of September 2018
That's a good idea, Christina. I'll look into what pet-friendly events may be going on, too. Thanks!
Saturday 15th of September 2018
OMG thank you, this is really helpful!!!
Saturday 15th of September 2018
You're welcome! Hope it's a fun fall for you!