After years of adding Halloween events to my monthly events roundups, it’s time to just give Halloween its own post. Here’s a list of Halloween events in Omaha! The season starts earlier and earlier each year!
NOTE: This post was first published in 2018 and is now updated in September with 2023 Halloween events. Many more will be added as dates become known. If you have an event to add, please fill out this Google Form!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Every October in Omaha: Halloween and fall annual events
I’ve got a few family traditions for Halloween. Top on that list is “Go to the pumpkin patch.” If you don’t have any traditions, here are a few things to do in Omaha this time of year.
- Visit a pumpkin patch. Here’s a list of more than 15 pumpkin patches near Omaha.
- Visit a haunted house. There are 10 haunted houses near Omaha.
- Visit a haunted park, building, or urban legend of Omaha.
- Navigate a corn maze.
2023 Halloween Events In Omaha
Events can change after this is published, so it’s best to check with the venue ahead of time before planning on attending any event. Originally, this list was going to have only October events, but the Halloween season now extends into September apparently. In addition to this list, you can find all the free Halloween events and Trunk or Treats in Omaha here.
- Film Streams at Dundee, 4952 Dodge St., screens “Casper” at 10 a.m. on Oct. 21, 22, 28 & 29. Cost is $5 per person.
- Fremont Family YMCA holds Pumpkin Palooza on Oct. 22 from 1 to 4 p.m. at YMCA Camp Christensen, 3402 W. Military Ave., Fremont, Neb. Event includes music and entertainment, face painting, pumpkin decorating, hayrack rides, bouncy house, and games. Admission is just $3 per person or $5 per family for YMCA members. Non-members pay $8 per person or $15 per family.
- Omaha Symphony presents “Symphony Spooktacular: Dia de los Muertos” on Oct. 22 at 2 p.m. at the Holland Performing Arts Center, 1200 Douglas St. Costumes encouraged. Tickets are $15.
- Moose’s Monster Mash & DC Trivia Projects presents the double feature “House on Haunted Hill” and “White Zombie” on Oct. 22 at The Waiting Room, 6212 Maple St. Doors open at 5 p.m. and movie starts at 6 p.m. Admission is $5 (all ages).
- Bluey’s Bubble Boo Bash at Learning Express Omaha, 120 Regency Parkway, on Oct. 23 at 5 p.m. FREE
- Stall And Treat is Oct. 23 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. for the public at Heartland Equine Therapeutic Riding Academy, 10130 S. 222nd St., Gretna, Neb. Reserved trick-or-treating is 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. for HETRA participants and their families). The horses will be dressed to impress, so wear your costumes. There will also be the Haunted Trail filled with kid-friendly games. Cost is $5 for an individual or $20 for a family, and benefits HETRA programming.
- The Great HALL-oween Haunt is Oct. 24 from 5 to 8 p.m. at The Durham Museum, 801 S. 10th St. Wear costumes, get treats, play games, and enjoy spooky activities. UNO’s The Moving Company’s Dancing Zombies performs at 6:45 p.m. Included with museum admission; advanced tickets are recommended.
- Spooky Tales for Tots is a Halloween-themed story time and craft activity at The Durham Museum, 801 S. 10th St., on Oct. 25 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. No registration needed. Activity is included with museum admission.
- Kinkaider Brewing Co., 2279 S. 67th St., will have a Halloween candy flight pairing on Oct. 26 at 4 p.m. Tickets are $15. 21+ event
- Russell Speeder’s Car Wash third annual Tunnel of Terror is Oct. 26-28 from 6 to 10 p.m. at the following locations: 11818 West Dodge Road, 4625 N. 90th St., and 4730 Hamilton St.
- Falconwood Drive-In’s Fright Nights Double Screening will feature “Nightmare Before Christmas” and “Beetlejuice” on Oct. 26 at 905 Allied Road, Bellevue, Neb. Gates open at 5 p.m.; movie starts at dusk. Cost is $5 per person. Tickets available the day before or at the gate.
- Late Nights at the Zoo Halloween is Oct. 26 from 7 to 10:30 p.m. at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium. Tickets for zoo members are $22 online and $27 at door; for non-members it’s $32 online and $37 at door. Tickets include one drink ticket. Event is for ages 21+
- Close Encounters of the Joslyn Kind is Oct. 26 at Joslyn Castle & Gardens, 3902 Davenport St. Tour times are at 7 and 9 p.m. Interact with staff members and docents recounting their personal brushes with the paranormal and archival ghost stories of Joslyn past, throughout the storied halls. Spooky seasonal beverage will be available. Tickets are $35 each. 18+ only
- Make Spider Web Slime at Learning Express Omaha, 120 Regency Parkway, on Oct. 27 at 11 a.m. FREE
- It’s Fall, Y’all will be held at Heartland of America Park, 800 Douglas St., on Oct. 27 from 4 to 8:30 p.m. Includes lawn games, photo ops, trick or treating through Heartland of America Park, and Spooky Skate at the Skate Ribbon. Trick or treating goes until 6 p.m. “The Nightmare Before Christmas” will be screened. Blankets and lawn chairs are highly encouraged.
- Pumpkin Float at the Armbrust YMCA, 5404 S. 168th St., on Oct. 27 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- “Nightmare Before Christmas” will be screened for FREE on Oct. 27 at Ditmars Orchard & Vineyard, 19475 225th St., Council Bluffs, Iowa, starting at dusk. No outside food or drinks permitted. Bring chairs or blankets for seating.
- Scary Movie Fridays at Edge of the Universe, 6070 Maple St., are at 8 p.m. each Friday in October. “Halloween” is screened Oct. 27. FREE
- Falconwood Drive-In’s Fright Nights Double Screening will feature “Hocus Pocus” and “Hocus Pocus 2” on Oct. 27 at 905 Allied Road, Bellevue, Neb., along with a trunk or treat. Gates open at 5 p.m.; movie starts at dusk. Cost is $5 per person. Tickets available the day before or at the gate.
- Halloween Party at Kinkaider Brewing Co., 2279 S. 67th St., is Oct. 27 starting at 9 p.m. Includes black light bingo, DJ, and prizes. Wear a costume. Ages 21+
- Trick or Treat at Vala’s is Oct. 27-29 at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard, 12102 S. 180th St., Gretna, Neb. Family-friendly costumes are encouraged. Included with admission.
- The Sixth Annual Halloween Bar Crawl will be held Oct. 27 and 28, with check-in from 4 to 6 p.m. on Friday at Flixx Lounge and check-in on Saturday at Dubliner Pub. Ticket includes a drink or shot, access to food and drink specials, waived cover at all participating venues, and entry into the costume contest. Tickets are $15 when purchased by Sept. 30, 2023, and then the price increases. Ages 21+.
- Trick or Treat With Scoob on Oct. 28 and 29 at 10:30 a.m. at participating Marcus Theaters (locally, it’s Majestic Cinema, Twin Creek, and Village Pointe). Includes screening of “Scoob,” trick or treat stations, and arts and crafts. Cost is $9.
- Halloween Cookie Decorating sessions are at The Makery, 12074 Gold Plaza, on Oct. 28. Two sessions: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 7 p.m. Classes are for ages 16+. Cost is $55 per person.
- Halloween Costume Contest & Party for kids and pets is Oct. 28 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Jones Bros. Cupcakes, 2279 S. 67th St. Kid’s costume contest is at 11:30 a.m. and the pet’s contest is at noon.
- A Halloween-themed Children’s Tea with High Tea Omaha will be Oct. 28 at Turtle Doves, 706 W. Angus St., Gretna, Neb. There will be themed savories and sweets. Cost is $45 per person.
- Kid-Friendly Halloween Movie Matinees are Saturdays at 2 p.m. in October at Edge of the Universe, 6070 Maple St. “Nightmare Before Christmas” is screened Oct. 28. FREE
- The Fourth Annual Halloween Witchy Woods Walk will be held on Oct. 28 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. Hitchcock Nature Center, 27792 Ski Hill Loop, Honey Creek, Iowa. Cost is $10 per person. Hike is intended for ages 16+.
- Scales and Tails is Oct. 28 from 2 to 4 p.m. at Fontenelle Forest, 1111 Bellevue Blvd. N, Bellevue, Neb. The family program will include slime-making, decorating spooky cookies, and other exciting activities. Activities will be both indoors and outdoors. Be sure to dress for the weather. Cost is $10 for members; $20 for non-members.
- Hamm’s-o-Ween at Czech Inn, 1406 S. 13th St., is Oct. 28 at 4 p.m. featuring Hamm’s Beer Pint Night, and prize for best costume. Ages 21+
- Barks and Boos Halloween Bash at the Dog Bar, 1231 S. 14th St., is Oct. 28 from 5 to 8 p.m. There will be vendors, giveaways, a costume contest, a dog medium, crafts, food, themed hot and cold cocktails, and more. Ages 21+
- Noiroween Dark Dance Party is Oct. 28 starting at 7 p.m. at The Verdict, 1901 Harney St. There will be Noir DJs, vendors, black light dancing, raffle prizes, and trophies for best dressed, spookiest and strangest. Cover is $10. 21+ event
- All Hallows’ Gala is Oct. 28 from 7 to 11 p.m. at Joslyn Castle & Gardens, 3902 Davenport St. Includes a performance by Norsefyre, an Apothecary Bar, costume contest, fire pit, Monster Mash on the dance floor, tarot readings, and more. Tickets are $80 each. Each admission purchased includes one drink ticket and charcuterie to keep you fueled through the night! The bar will be available for additional drinks. Costumes encouraged, and this is a 21+ event.
- Omaha Performing Arts presents “Disney Pixar Coco Live-to-Film Concert: The North American Tour” on Oct. 28 at 7:30 p.m. at the Holland Performing Arts Center, 1200 Douglas St. Tickets start at $45.
- The Halloween Party at The Drinkery, 3012 N. 102nd St., Omaha is Oct. 28 starting at 8 p.m. There will be a costume contest as well as live music by Cover Me Badd. No cover charge. Ages 21+
- Nightmare on Howard Street Halloween Bash is Oct. 28 starting at 8 p.m. at Throwback Arcade Lounge, 1402 Howard St. Costume contest includes categories like Best Male, Best Female, Best Couple, Scariest, and Sexiest. DJ KLC will be there, as well. Ages 21+
- Halloween Party at Bushwackers Saloon, 7401 Main St., Ralston, is Oct. 28 starting at 8 p.m. The costume contest has prizes: $300 first place overall, $200 second and $50 bar tab third place. Ages 21+
- Hallo-weekend at The Durham Museum, 801 S. 10th St., is Oct. 28 & 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy goodie bags (while supplies last), the Haunted Train, Cobweb Caboose and Halloween games on The Platform. The Dancing Zombies, courtesy of UNO’s The Moving Company, will perform at 12:45 p.m. Children 12 and under get in free. Costumes are encouraged! Adults pay museum admission.
- Halloween at the Booery is a family-friendly event at Full Fledged Brewing Co., 40 Arena Way, Council Bluffs, Iowa, on Oct. 29 from noon to 8 p.m. Tarot card readings from 2 to 5 p.m. by Kate Jobe. For kids, there will be crafts from 4 to 6 p.m. with Little Owls Art Atrium, as well as face painting. Trick or treating will be all day.
- The Doggy Days of Fall Costume Contest is Oct. 29 at Ditmars Orchard & Vineyard, and the only time pets are allowed to visit the orchard. Dog registration is from noon to 1 p.m. The parade starts at 1:15 and awards given out at 1:45 p.m. Cost is $10 per dog; net proceeds from the parade go to the Nebraska Humane society. Dogs must be friendly and on a leash at all times. Orchard hours that day are noon to 4 p.m.
- Ghoulish Garden Adventure at Lauritzen Gardens, First and Bancroft streets, is Oct. 29 from noon to 4 p.m. Activity stations and trick or treating in the gardens. Included with admission.
- Flight of Fright is Oct. 29 at Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum, 28210 W. Park Highway, Ashland, Neb. Trick-or-treat under the collection of larger-than-life aircraft and enjoy activities from noon to 4 p.m. Included with museum admission. Arrive early and donate blood during the American Red Cross for blood drive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and receive a buy one, get one free coupon for simulator rides.
- Boo Bash with Bluey and Bingo is Oct. 29 at Chirpy’s Play Cafe, 2063 Creek Side Drive, Papillion, Neb. Sessions are 2 to 4 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. There will be a scavenger hunt, prizes and treats. Tickets are $20 each.
- Zombie Bash is Oct. 29 starting at 9 p.m. at Office West Lounge, 1266 S. 119th Court. Live music by The Flourish DJs, and a costume contest with prizes. 21+ event
- Halloween Costume Party with the Mario Bros. at Learning Express Omaha, 120 Regency Parkway, on Oct. 30 at 5 p.m. FREE
- Trunk or Treat in the Trees at the Wildlife Safari Park, 16406 292nd St., Ashland, Neb., is Oct. 19-21 and Oct. 26-28 from 5 to 8 p.m. Admission is $25.
- The Omaha Series presents “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” Oct. 20-28 at The Slowdown, 729 N. 14th St. Performances are Oct. 20, 21, and 27 at 7:30 p.m. and Oct. 28 at 7:30 and 11 p.m. Tickets are $35, General Admission; $40, Balcony; $40, Reserved Pit; and $50, Reserved Pitside. All ages show.
- Ghouls & Glow is on display through Oct. 29 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. (and 6:30 to 10 p.m. on weekends) at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium. This zero frightful and all delightful event is an illuminated spectacle for all ages. Ticket prices vary for members and non-members.
- Slasher Classics Passport series starts Oct. 6 and runs through Oct. 31 at participating Majestic Cinemas (locally, it’s at Village Pointe, Majestic, and Twin Creek). Movies featured are “A Nightmare on Elm Street” (Oct. 6-8), “Friday the 13th” (Oct. 13-15), “Scream” (Oct. 20-22), and “Halloween” (Oct. 27-31). Passport to see all four movies is $15. Individual movies are about $6.
- “Dia de Muertos /Day of the Dead” Ofrenda Exhibit is on display Oct. 7 through Nov. 4 at El Museo Latino, 4701 S. 25th St. General admission is $5; seniors and students are $3.40; and members are free.
- Haunted Cemetery Tours on Ollie the Trolley are every Sunday through Nov. 5, 2023. The tour runs from 2 to 5 p.m. and include narration by a historian. Pick up location is at the Westlawn Hillcrest Funeral Home and parking is located on the west side of the building. Costs is $40 per person.
- “Cobweb Castle” runs through Oct. 31, 2023, at Omaha Children’s Museum, 500 S. 20th St. Included with museum admission.
Help keep this list updated! Know of any Halloween events in the Omaha Metro area happening in 2023 that aren’t on this list? Leave a comment with the details or email Kim (at) ohmyomaha (dot) com.
Want more things to do near Omaha this October?
I share more events in the Facebook Group “Things To Do In Omaha & Beyond” – many things that are announced on short notice. Join the group to see what’s coming up!