I debated on what to call this gift guide, and settled on “Cute Gifts” because, it’s fairly accurate. They’re not all “funny gifts” or “cool gifts” or “inspiring gifts” and the generic “gifts for her” is just not PC. Whatever these gifts are, the important things is that they’re made in Nebraska.
And as a bonus, I included a list of some of my favorite local small businesses you can shop for even more gifts. If you’re looking for just stocking stuffers, I’ve rounded up a great selection of Nebraska-made items!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. Canvas Knitting Tote Bag w/ Leather Straps (choose color) by Artifact Bags in Omaha. I have a tote by Artifact on my gift guide every year, and I’m still waiting for my husband to pick up on the subtle hint.
2. Get It Girl Pencil Set by Pleasant Avenue Paper Co. in Omaha. I worked with Courtney back in my O-Pa days and her calligraphy skills will impress you.
3. Funny tote bag by Milk & Daisy in Omaha. Everyone has that one friend who’d appreciate this bag.
4. Hand Stamped Harry Potter and Wicked Bracelets by The Twisted Jewel Cafe in Omaha.
5. Friendship Bracelet (there are a lot of inspirational bracelets to choose from) by Jenn’s Handmade Jewelry in Lincoln
6. “You Are More Beautiful Than You Know” Book by Amy Jo Miller and illustrator Dawn Sailors and sold by AD Aesthetic in Omaha
7. You’ve Got This Ceramic Mug by Megan Nicole Kuehl in Lincoln
8. I Love Nebraska Shirt by Forest St Clothing in Lincoln
9. 3-Pack Toffee Sampler – Milk Chocolate Pecan, White Chocolate Pecan & Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Toffee from Tasty Good out of Lincoln
10. Wild Things Mommy & Me shirts (adult and child) by Sew Berry Cute Boutique in Papillion
11. Peppermint Bar of Soap by Benson Soap Mill in Omaha. Sure, their soaps smell lovely, but the packaging is hilarious and reason enough to gift it to one of your funnier friends.
12. Ridiculously Amazing Ideas Notebook by Anastacia & Co. in Omaha. You may just want to buy something for yourself from Anastacia & Co.
Related post: Discover more Omaha makers you can support from your couch
Where to find cute gifts locally
I’m going to sound like a broken record if you’ve read some of my other gift guides, but seriously, Made in Omaha has the best stuff around and they’re all…made in Omaha. The original location is at 8722 Pacific St. and the second location is at 1012 Howard St.
Shopping at Made in Omaha is a double-whammy: You support a local small business and local artists and makers.
If you’re in the Old Market, be on the lookout for a new-to-Omaha store, Raygun, 1108 Jackson St. While technically, Raygun started and Des Moines and has a few other locations, it’s still what I’d consider a small business that sells amazing giftable items that speak to the charms (and quirks) of Omaha and Nebraska.
If you have a friend with a sense of humor (and I hope you do), find hilarious shirts, masks, socks, mugs and more there.
Rather than cute chocolate, I’d have to say you’ll find gorgeous artisan chocolate at Chocolat Abeille, 421 S. 11th St. They’re edible art, essentially.
A friend gave me a box of these handcrafted chocolates and I almost felt bad for eating them, they looked so lovely. (Almost being the operative word. I ate the chocolates). This gift will impress the chocolate lover on your list.
I’ve heard good things about Simply Unique Gifts, 1015 Galvin Road, Bellevue, Neb. This is a combination of local handmade items and consignment items like collectibles and antiques. Browsing their Facebook page, things aren’t quite my style or definition of “cute,” but maybe you’ll disagree.
Be on the lookout for Hot Shops Art Center’s winter open house, 1301 Nicholas St. Any art imaginable can be found there, but for gifts, I love going to Crystal Forge for unique blown glass items and checking out all of the ceramic studios.
Shop more small businesses in Nebraska and Iowa
I want small businesses to not only survive, but thrive, this year, so here are a few more gift guides that will inspire you to shop small. Check out the gift guides for holiday home decor, and Husker & Creighton gift guides.