I turned 35 this month.
Aging never really bothered me before, the number itself is no big deal. My 30s have been good to me, actually.
Still, I have this nagging thought: More is out there. There’s more to see. More to do.
Traveling abroad with the family is a big dream of mine, but if I’m being practical, I know it’s not going to happen within the next 12 months. So I’ve decided to create my own adventure much closer to home.
The 35 Adventure
The 35 Adventure is a mix of things that are adventurous (for me, at least) and things that have sat on my to-do list for a while, often places close to home I’ve meant to visit for this blog.
What would your Adventure look like?
I’ve got one year to check these things off. Check back on the blog frequently to hear how some of these adventures went!
1. SUP yoga
2. Zip line at Mt. Crescent
3. Airboat down Platte River
4. Climb a rock wall (it’s been about 25 years…)
5. Ride a gondola at Heartland of America Park
6. Behind-the-scenes tour of zoo
7. Visit Modern Arts Midtown
8. Try Dim Sum
9. Explore the Mystery Bookstore/A Stitch in Crime in Omaha
10. Try wind surfing
11. Camp at the zoo
12. Ride the ferris wheel at Scheels (not adventurous, by any means, just haven’t done it yet)
13. Try geocacheing
14. Ride in a hot air balloon
15. Take a helicopter ride
16. Tour Joslyn Castle
17. See Snake Falls
18. Try glamping at Slattery Vintage Estates
19. Try parasailing at Lake McConaughy
20. Stomp grapes
Edited July 23
21. Try an escape room adventure
22. Try soccer golf
23. Try bubble soccer
I’d like to check off 35 “adventures” after 365 days are over. Who knows, though. Could be more. What do you suggest be added to the list?