The 19th season of Playing With Fire features free, live music from the hottest blues-influenced bands worldwide at Turner Park. The year, the series will be held on July 14 & 15 and Aug. 11 & 12. Blankets, chairs, and picnics are welcome at this all-ages event.
July 14 – Park seating begins 4 p.m. Music begins 6:45 p.m.
- Sugaray Rayford – GRAMMY® Award-nominated Texas-rooted blues singer with impassioned southern soul.
- Eddie 9V – Atlanta-based blues singer-guitarist who specializes in gut-bucket soul.
July 15 – Park seating begins 4 p.m., Music begins 4:30 p.m.
- Twelve Bar Blues Band – All the way from Amsterdam comes this award-winning band that mixes elements of Chicago, Delta and Texas blues.
- Dom Martin Band – Northern Ireland-rooted bluesman, was a multiple UK Blues award-winner and inductee into the UK Blues Hall of Fame by age 31.
- Justin Saladino – Montreal-based blues, rock, and funk artist is a favorite at Canadian blues festivals.
- BluesEd – Omaha youth music program supported by PwF will feature an all-teens band called The Redwoods.
Aug. 11 – Park seating begins 4 p.m. Music begins 6:45 p.m.
- Thorbjørn Risager & The Black Tornado – This award-winning Danish blues-rock band from Copenhagen has a fierce horn section.
- Samantha Martin & Delta Sugar – Seven-piece Toronto blues band renowned for their mix of blues, gospel, and rock.
Aug. 12 – Park seating begins 4 p.m., Music starts at 4:30 p.m.
- Bywater Call – Fueled by a smokin’ seven-piece and a powerful vocalist, this Toronto-based southern soul band blends blues and roots-rock and is a must-see.
- Joanne Shaw Taylor – This critically acclaimed, sultry British singer-guitarist was discovered at age 13 and, while in her 30’s, breaking into the UK Top 20 Album Charts.
- Josh Hoyer & Soul Colossal – An Omaha favorite, this Lincoln band has earned multiple OEA Awards.
- BluesEd – Omaha youth group Us and Them will open the show.