Pettit’s Pastry has always been my family’s go-to for donuts in Omaha. However, I haven’t tried every donut shop in Omaha (#lifegoals), so I can’t say Pettit’s has the best donuts in Omaha.
But, I’ve done something far better for my waistline: Polled Facebook. I asked about 10,000 Oh My! Omaha followers* to share their favorites and we have a pretty clear consensus of favorites, plus a ton of highly recommended runners-up.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
UPDATE: This post was published in 2018 but updated in February 2022 with new additions and address changes.
Omaha’s Favorite Donuts
I asked readers what their favorite donut shop in Omaha and wouldn’t you know, I love the place too!
Olsen Bake Shop ran away with the votes, beating out the next contender by more than double the votes. It’s family-run and a bit old school, and if you’re dying for a kolach, you can find it here.
More than a year after writing this post, I’ve tried Olsen donuts a few times. and it has successfully moved to No. 1 on my list. You’ll find this gem off-the-beaten path a few blocks south of the Old Market at 1708 S. 10th St.
Pettit’s Pastry is the next favorite. The family-owned business has been open since 1954. It also happens to be pretty conveniently located near the route of a lot of parades, making it a great go-to stop before or after parades like the Septemberfest Parade.
Find Pettit’s in downtown Omaha at 502 N. 16th St. or in West Omaha at 311 N. 114th St.
Related post: 14 Of The Best Donut Shops In Nebraska
All the donuts in Omaha
Here’s a full list of everyone’s recommendations for best donuts:
Hurts Donuts, 1726 N. 120th St.
Sweet Magnolias Bake Shop, 813 N. 40th St.
The Uptown Bakery, 2229 Thurston Circle, Bellevue, Neb.
Sunrize Donuts, 17676 Welch Plaza, Suite 7
Hello Sugar, a roaming food truck
Culprit Cafe, 1603 Farnam St., Suite 101
Jones Bros. Cupcakes, 2121 S. 67th St., 2615 S. 180th St., and inside Westroads Mall. Looking for cronuts? Jones Bros. apparently makes them.
The Dapper Doughnut, 16827 Q St., get your fill of mini donuts paired with sweet milkshakes at this popular West Omaha shop.
Best Donuts Not At Donut Shops
OK, so I’ve said Pettit’s a million times now. Let me share a few other gems worth seeking out:
– The freshly-made apple cider donuts at Ditmars Orchard & Vineyard in Council Bluffs, Iowa, is just about my favorite thing of fall. You can find six packs of the donuts in local grocery stores but they can’t compare to tasting one while it’s still warm at the orchard.
Ditmars is at 19475 225th St., Council Bluffs, Iowa. Learn more about the orchard here.
– A surprise donut favorite is Harold’s Koffee House. I’d first heard about this Florence restaurant from a reader who suggested it be included in the best places to get breakfast in Omaha list. She specifically mentioned the donut. So I had to go and try it myself.
The homemade donut was so good, I can’t remember what else I had ordered. Head to North Omaha for this diner at 8327 N. 30th St.
Got a favorite to add? Leave a comment about it!
Like what you read? Help support my site!
I’m proud to be a one-woman business sharing all the best things to see, do, and eat in Omaha. While I have freelance writers help from time to time, it’s mostly just me.
If you would like to support my site, please consider:
- When visiting a local business featured on my site, tell them you found them on Oh My! Omaha.
- Support me on Patreon.
- Share this article on social media to help spread the word.
- Join my newsletter to never miss a new story.
- Book a hotel or read another story at the links below.
Book a stay in Omaha
Want to stay at one of my favorite hotels in Omaha? Check out the following:
- Embassy Suites Omaha (Downtown/Old Market) – Within walking distance to Old Market, Capital District, and the RiverFront, and the best hotel near the zoo
- Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel – In the hip Blackstone District, great outdoor pool and brunch
- Cambria Hotel Omaha Downtown – Great view of Schwab Park, usually a lower rate than other comparable downtown hotels
Looking for condos or home rentals instead? Check out the variety on AirBnB.com!