The Schramm Education Center will host the annual Pollinator Party family event in partnership with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Bee Lab, Nebraska Extension, the UNL Entomology Department, and the Nebraska Statewide Arboretum. This FREE event is taking place as part of a statewide celebration of Nebraska Pollinator Week. Activities for all ages will be set up outside and in the Schramm Education Center Classroom.
At this event, you can:
- See live honey bees, bumble bees, and other live insects. New this year – a sensory hive exploration, including a drone petting zoo!
- Help survey the Schramm prairie for insects and plants in a prairie bioblitz
- Buy plants at a plant sale hosted by the Nebraska Statewide Arboretum
- Make pollinator crafts and play pollinator games
- Learn about leafcutter bees
- Extract and bottle your own honey for purchase and taste different types of honey
- Meet a Nebraska Extension Master Gardener and Nebraska Extension Entomologist to get your garden and urban entomology questions answered
- Find out about pollinator community science opportunities in Nebraska
- Make a native seed ball to take home
- Face painting
Attend to help celebrate pollinators in Nebraska, learn more about pollination and pollinators, and explore how you can help local pollinators. Participation in the event is free, but regular admission costs will apply for any visitors wishing to explore the Education Center in addition to the event. A state park vehicle permit is not required in the Education Center parking lot.