If you live in Nebraska or have family in Nebraska, there’s a good chance you know at least one Nebraska Cornhusker fan. I know I do. This year, I’m making a conscious effort to shop locally or buy from local artists, so in that spirit, I’ve made a gift list for Husker fans.
First I’ll share some gifts that you can order online, particularly from Nebraska artisans. Read a little further and I’ll share a few locally-owned shops that sell Husker gear, if you want to shop local but not necessarily shop handmade.
GBR – Handmade gifts
There’s nothing quite like a one-of-a-kind gift. So, if you’re shopping for a person who has everything, this Etsy shop list is the list for you.
- Nebraska Huskers Throw Blanket by Traci’s Fun Creations in Omaha
- Nebraska Love Leggings (for women and girls) by Blue Eyed Sunshine Shop in Omaha
- Nebraska Huskers Genuine Leather Wristband by BLiNG About You in Lincoln
- Nebraska Huskers Charm Bracelet by Argent Sports in Iowa
- Nebraska Rustic Metal Sign by Rustic and Whimsical in Kansas
- Nebraska Cornhusker Football Black Walnut French Rolling Pin by Rooted Woodworking in Lincoln
- Go Red or Go Home Slim Cozy by Rum And Rhinestones in Lincoln
- Nebraska Cornhuskers Love Faux Leather Earrings by Mad Jack Designs Co. in Missouri
Locally-owned Omaha stores that sell Husker gifts
If you want officially-licensed NCAA Husker gear, or you just want to see the gift before you buy it, then you’ll want to visit one of these Omaha shops that are locally-owned.
Where: 3003 S. 84th St., 14937 Evans Plaza, and 17154 Lakeside Hills Plaza, all in Omaha
Why: Husker Hounds, now with multiple locations, has been around since 1995. You’ll find Husker apparel and gear of all kinds, including autographed items.
Where: 2501 S. 90th St., Omaha
Why: The Bookworm is my go-to for books, whether they’re locally written or national best-sellers. And if you want to get your Husker fan a trivia book, photo book, or some other Husker-related book, you’ll find it at the store (or you’ll be able to order it from them).
Where: Statement Boutique, 8728 Countryside Plaza, Omaha
Why: Find cool, red game day gear that doesn’t scream “HUSKERS” by shopping Little Mango. They’re known for ridiculously cute kids stuff, but there are also women’s clothes and accessories available. You can shop online or find them in select retail stores in Omaha and nearby.
**DISCOUNT** Readers can save 20% off at Little Mango with the discount code OHMY20. Doesn’t have to be Husker gear!
Nomad Wax Co.
Why: There’s a certain type of person who loves candles, and if they’re on your list, definitely check out the Omaha maker, Nomad. They have some awesome Husker candles.
Want to keep shopping and supporting local? Check out these other gift guides: